An opportunity to deepen your understanding of yoga, expand your skills & open to grace – and learn how to share that with the world.
200 HOUR HIGH VIBE YOGA
THE YOGA BARN
(2021 dates coming soon)
This 21 day yoga teacher training will stretch your comfort zones and challenge insecurities, inspire incredible self-esteem and self-respect both as a teacher and as an individual as well as transform your ability to feel connected to yourself and to others. This type of work becomes very powerful when a group of people, ready to break open and reveal, come together for the purpose of enriching human experience. We ask that you are ready for big life changes—open and receptive to ‘shaking things up’. This Yoga is a way of life.
The 200-hour High Vibe Yoga Teacher Training consists of 3 modules over 21 days. Each day includes yoga workshops in the style of Hatha Yoga or Restorative Yoga, Yoga Nidra, guided morning meditations & pranayama, philosophy & yogic discussions, support from the High Vibe team, internationally renowned guest teachers, a nourishing brunch and an unforgettable environment at The Yoga Barn in Ubud, Bali.
* Recommended for both personal development and/or professional development.
Module I: Taking The Seat Of A Teacher
- Discover your authentic voice and unique gifts as a teacher
- Develop the foundational asanas and understand their benefits through the practices of Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga, Yin Yoga and Restorative Yoga
- Find a sweet balance between strong, steady and sweaty asana classes and getting enough rest and repair through easeful, meditative and cooling practices
- Create inspiring and meaningful class themes
- Cultivate skills to see the ‘beauty and good’ in others
- Gain a surprising and fun Yoga education about the human body; spine mobility, nervous system soothing, healthy joint movement, relief for achey hips, back and shoulders, caring for the connective tissues (fascia), developing muscle and bone support in standing balances, forward bends, back bends and twists
- Intelligently design a self-practice and learn how this creates not good but great yoga practitioners and teachers
- Understand the brain science behind rest and relaxation using Yoga Nidra (sleep yoga), meditation, Restorative Yoga and savasana
- Explore the basics of yogic breathwork, learn the basics of skillful class sequencing, group practice and teaching.
Exceeds daily Yoga Alliance requirements in: Anatomy, philosophy, asana, meditation, pranayama and lifestyle.
Module II: Discover The Skills & Magic Of Teaching
- Develop skillful language to weave themes into postural instruction
- Build class templates
- Discover the treasures of the energy body with Yogic Subtle Anatomy: Chakras, Bandhas, Koshas, Gunas and Prana Vayus
- Develop the foundational and intermediate asanas and understand their body/mind benefits
- Learn asana, pranayama and meditations for the endocrine system and the hormones that regulate metabolism, growth and development, tissue function, sexual function, reproduction, sleep, and mood,
- Discover what it is to ’embody’ anatomy & philosophy of yoga
- Learn to navigate your brain waves using yoga technology such as Yoga Nidra and meditation
- Experience the difference between intuitive vs. planned sequencing
- Dive into yogic storytelling and mythology
- Learn practical ways to BE YOURSELF while teaching a class and speaking in public, group practice and teaching.
Exceeds daily Yoga Alliance requirements in: Anatomy, philosophy, asana, meditation, pranayama, practicum and ethics.
Module III: Refining The Art Of Teaching
- Dive deeper into the language of yoga and finding your authentic voice; tone, clarity, direct vs. passive
- Personalize class themes using your own life experiences as natural inspiration
- Further develop the foundational and intermediate asanas — their benefits and precautions
- Refine the art of observation
- Explore what it is to welcome every negative/positive thought, good/bad sensation and emotion in meditation, learn to guide meditations including Yoga Nidra
- Create a new and natural relationship to your own breath with gentle yogic breath practices and learn how to safely and lovingly teach breath practices to others
- Develop an important and basic understanding of trauma informed yoga
- Learn the important differences between manual adjustments vs. verbal adjustments
- Adapt postures for all levels of students, experiment with intuitive and planned sequencing of Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga, Yin Yoga and Restorative Yoga
- Offer powerful demonstrations
- Pull sequencing and class theme inspiration from what you ‘like’ not what you think you should like
- One on one group practice and teaching
- Business of yoga
- Refine your gifts of expression though peer feedback.Exceeds daily Yoga Alliance requirements in: Anatomy, philosophy, asana, meditation, pranayama, practicum and ethics.
Read reviews from our High Vibe Yoga graduates HERE.
Emily Kuser is an audacious educator, women’s health advocate and founder of High Vibe Yoga which is celebrating more than 500+ graduates in 30 countries. She is dedicated to offering a fresh and honest approach to spirituality, sexuality, psychology and philosophy. Emily has a reputation for ‘shaking things up’ and for curating world-class international faculty for her courses. She offers Women’s SelfCare Trainings at the 25, 50 and 200 HR level as well as a 300 HR Sex, Death & Wealth Informed Yoga Training. She has a natural gift for creating supportive learning environments that feel incredibly heartfelt and welcoming, transformative and fun. Her work is deeply influenced by the fields of Classical Tantra, Hatha Yoga, Somatics and Integrated Sexuality. Emily has lived in Ubud, Bali full time for over 12 years and teaches her Yoga Trainings and Women’s SelfCare Trainings at The Yoga Barn and internationally.
Sample Daily Schedule
7:30–10am Morning Yoga practices
10:30–12:30pm Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle, Anatomy & Physiology
1:30-3:30pm Practicum & Teaching Methodology
3:30-5pm Evening Yoga practices
Curriculum – yogaalliance.org
Technique & Yoga Practice – 100 hours ~ Asanas, pranayama, meditation & mantra—analytical training in how to teach and practice the techniques and guided practice of the techniques themselves. ~Exceeds daily Yoga Alliance requirements in: Anatomy, philosophy, asana, meditation, pranayama, practicum and ethics.
Teaching Methodology – 25 hours ~Includes principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and correcting, instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, the student’s process of learning and business aspects of teaching yoga. ~Exceeds daily Yoga Alliance requirements in: Anatomy, philosophy, asana, meditation, pranayama, practicum and ethics.
Anatomy & Physiology – 20 hours ~Includes both human physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.) and energy anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, etc.). Includes both the study of the subject and application of its principles to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns, etc). ~Exceeds daily Yoga Alliance requirements in: Anatomy, philosophy, asana, meditation, pranayama, practicum and ethics.
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers – 30 hours ~Includes the study of yoga philosophies, yoga lifestyle and ethics for yoga teachers. ~Exceeds daily Yoga Alliance requirements in: Anatomy, philosophy, asana, meditation, pranayama, practicum and ethics.
Practicum – 10 hours ~Includes practice teaching, receiving feedback, observing others teaching and hearing and giving feedback. Also includes assisting students while someone else is teaching. ~Exceeds daily Yoga Alliance requirements in: Anatomy, philosophy, asana, meditation, pranayama, practicum and ethics.
Electives – 15 hours ~ Reading, self practice, writing, etc. Hours accumulated outside of teacher training hours as ‘non-contact’ hours. ~Exceeds daily Yoga Alliance requirements in: Anatomy, philosophy, asana, meditation, pranayama, practicum and ethics.
Total Hours: 200 hours
~Exceeds daily Yoga Alliance requirements in: Anatomy, philosophy, asana, meditation, pranayama, practicum and ethics.
~6 months of yoga practice practice is recommended.
~Participation in our pre-training Facebook Group preparation tasks. The training Facebook Group begins 4 weeks prior to the training start date and includes weekly preparatory tasks for the training. Some tasks will require the below reading requirements. You must have a Facebook account to participate. New applications are welcomed during this time. The Facebook Group can be joined at anytime as long as the tasks are completed by the final day of the training. Required for certification.
Students must read the following 3 texts PRIOR to the training:
- The Radiance Sutras: 112 Gateways to the Yoga of Wonder & Delight by Lorin Roche
- Yoga, Mind, Body and Spirit, A Return To Wholeness by Donna Farhi
- Yoga of Heart by Mark Whitwell
* Our in depth and highly informative Teacher Training Manual will be handed to you upon your arrival.
Other RECOMMENDED reading (not required):
- Teaching Yoga: Essential Foundations and Techniques by Mark Stephens
- Meditation for the love of It: Enjoying Your Own Deepest Experience by Sally Kempton
- Yoni Shakti by Uma Dinsmore Tuli
These books can be purchased on Amazon.com or at any online book store. Most of the books listed can be downloaded for Kindle if that helps with the Bali packing…
2021 dates coming soon…
$3950 USD Total Rate | A $500 USD deposit is included in the total rate and is required to reserve your space on the training.
- Ayurvedic brunch
- A thriving network of international students and teachers
- In-depth teacher training manual
- Teachings from a renowned international faculty
- 4 weeks of pre-training teachings with Emily online
- 200 Hours + 100 Hours (4 weeks) of additional training online via Facebook which exceeds daily Yoga Alliance requirements in: Anatomy, philosophy, asana, meditation, pranayama, practicum and ethics
- Certification from 200 Hour High Vibe Yoga International Yoga Alliance specializing in: Hatha Yoga with refinements in meditation, pranayama, asana and philosophy. *Valid for teaching in the US & Internationally
“High Vibe Yoga trainings are experiential. A quote I love to use is, “If you give a man a fish he eats for a day, if you teach a man to fish he eats for a lifetime.” That’s the way I aspire to teach the trainings. Rather than offloading a bunch of information, it’s about getting you out of your comfort zone enough that you have to learn how to do it yourself. When you learn to do it yourself, you can do it for a lifetime.” ~Emily Kuser
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS